Find out why you need the Perfect Breakfast!
Make no mistake about it – breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. Serving up a delicious and nutritious breakfast is a great way to control food cravings throughout the day and give your body an instant boost of nutrition at a prime time when it needs replenishment.
Breakfast is a great opportunity to provide your body with lean proteins, plenty of dietary fiber and a high dose of antioxidants.
Let’s have a quick peek at planning the right breakfast so that you make the most of this meal every morning.
- Consider your calorie intake. Breakfast should account for 25–30% of your total daily calorie requirements. Make sure that you are eating enough quality protein at this morning meal, whether from lean meat, fresh eggs, beans or even protein powder.
- Factor in prep time. How much time do you have available first thing in the morning to prepare your breakfast? If you regularly rush out the door in the morning, find breakfast options that take 10 minutes to prepare, not 30.
- What will fuel your daily activities? Maybe you need an extra dose of carbs in the morning for energy to run errands, or vegetables and fruit will suffice since you spend your day at the office.
- Keep your personal taste preferences in mind. Which foods will you look forward to eating to ensure that you do actually take time out for breakfast? This one seems obvious, but many dieters make the mistake of forcing in foods that make them grimace.
- Think about how various foods impact you. Eat a carb-dense breakfast one morning, and notice if you start to feel sleepy mid-day. If so, a lower carb breakfast may be a wiser choice.
- Think about satiety. Will it be a long time before you eat lunch? If so, load your breakfast as full of fiber as possible to increase total digestion time.
- Assess your body weight goals. Do you need to create a calorie deficit during breakfast? If so, a leaner option such as an egg white and vegetable omelette will be a smarter choice than a carb-filled bowl of cereal.
Taking the time to plan the right breakfast will be well worth your effort, no matter what your nutritional or weight-loss goals. It’s one of the best ways to ensure that you can stick with your diet plan and are going to move toward the results that you desire.
Remember that you don’t necessarily have to eat breakfast types of foods at your morning meal. You can just as easily eat other foods that you would normally enjoy for lunch or dinner, if you prefer. Look to international breakfasts for ideas on how to get creative with your morning meal.
Click Next To Find Amazing Breakfast Recipes!